Why baby sling
Baby slings for infants and children are nothing new. Contemporary parents are discovering their advantages again.
We have collected the most important facts based on scientific research and experiences of parents:
|Cuddled and carried children often cry less,
fall asleep easier, become independent faster, their mental and physical development is faster than that of other children. Rocking the baby provides a soft massage and the warmth of your body eliminates constipation and colics. Research has proved that children which are carried cry on average 43% less, however 54% less in evening hours. In cultures, where children are carried almost continuously, babys cry considerably less than in other regions of world.
Research has shown that through closeness with mum, listening to the rhythm of her heart intently: heart bit, breath, voice and warmth; newborns, particulary premature babies, find it easier to fit to the environment beyond their mum's body. While in baby sling, children are in a quiet alert state ideal for the learning process to take place. Their senses are stimulated by factors from the outside, even when the child rests. When the baby is carried it sees everything from the same level as you, not as it is during lying in a cot or a pram. Such factors additionally influence the intellectual development of your child.
Rocking and closeness of an adult person gives the child consciousness that it is not alone, developing the sense of safety and confidence. Then the children are considerably happier and often become independent faster.
Carrying premature babies in a sling allows to compensate for emotional losses caused by being out of their mother's body prematurely.
Baby sling is a manner of establishing a relationship between parents and children in the case of adoption.
The need for providing closeness is particulary important when contact with the mother has been made difficult (e.g. when the baby was placed on a newborn ward in the first days of life).
Legs' spread in baby slings assures correct hips development - it helps to lessen or correct the defective development of hip joints (obviously with the aid of other orthopaedic means). Baby sling can be helpful in the case of excessive muscle tone. In this type of problems consult an orthopedist, physiotherapist .
Generally infants have a curved spine. For its proper development it is recommended to carry babies in baby slings, where they take a natural embryo position. The special weaving of the NATI sling ensures that it fits the individual shape of your baby's body. Other kinds of carrycots do not always provide it.
- You can take your baby for shopping, to the forest, beach, train, and bus...
It is not always possible in a pram.
- With your hands free, you can do more and go everywhere without problems. At the same time your baby collects many experiences you can explain on the spot. Finally, your child's ears are at the level of your breast (heart) and the baby can look at your mouth.
- You can work in a garden, do the housework, have a social life simultaneously stimulating the natural learning and growing environment for your baby.
- You can breastfeed with your hands free to make a phonecall or do some shopping.
- Carrying in a baby sling is a perfect solution when your child cannot fall asleep. Rocking in the sling relaxes the baby and reminds it of the time before birth when it fell asleep immediately while you walked and felt safe emmersed in its mother's womb.
- You can still walk when your baby is asleep and it feels safe and happy being close to you.